How do I request approval for Study Leave for a course which is not on the Study Leave lists for my specialty?

Modified on Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 11:16 AM

Please follow the Discretionary Course process which can be downloaded from the portal here. This explains that you need to email your TPD with details of the course, estimated costs and justification for attending the course and justification if it is outside of London. 

If your TPD approves your request, they should then forward this to the HoS on your behalf for final approval before you complete the discretionary application form. If at any point along the approval process, your request is declined you will be emailed to let you know the reason why.

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article