For ACFs

It is the Trust you are currently in who will manage your study leave budget (as ACFs are employed by the Trust) . We do not specify what Study Leave can be used for. All we can advise is that catering is not acceptable use. 

ACLs Process for Study Leave

1.         The trainee approaches their educational supervisor to confirm approval to book on a mandatory or optional study leave course related to their clinical progression. They should agree the appropriate approval code from the relevant specialty course list with their educational supervisor. If the trainee wishes to apply for an aspirational course they must follow the standard aspirational course booking process which can be found here For aspirational courses, the HEE study leave team will issue a unique funding approval code.

2.         After attending the course, the trainee should submit their claim via their HEI using the HEI’s agreed local expenses policy – the trainee must include their confirmation email that study leave has been approved (either by their educational supervisor for mandatory/optional courses, or via a HEE approval code for aspirational courses).

3.         The HEI then invoices HET for the study leave expenses – the invoice must be titled study leave.

4.         HET process invoices monthly