Academic Clinical Fellowship Funding:

Where a trainee is rotating into and academic block, it is the previous trust who pays for that block. The trust will need to keep the trainee on their payroll. London LETB will provide the host trust with 100% of the salary costs. This is all funded by NIHR.

We provide the funding to the host trust on a quarterly basis, so they will receive funding in April, July, October and January.

The funding is paid through the LDA, and amounts are all detailed on the schedules. So you should be able to see the NIHR trainee name and the annual amount the trust expects to receive for that trainee.

In the event where the first placement for a trainee is an academic block. It is the trust the trainee will go into (for the clinical component) who will pay for the academic block. 

Clinical Lectureship funding:

CLs are employed by the university, as such it is the university who would bill LETB for the basic salary plus on-cost for the duration of the 4 years. When the CL is in their clinical placement at a trust, the college will invoice the Trust for any banding and on-call payments that the CL has been paid.