The National IDT Team recognises that sometimes people will not live together before they get married but this should not exclude them from the NIDT process. The following is a comprehensive list of all the evidence that can be provided under Criteria 4 – Committed Relationship:
EITHER a marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate.
OR 2 pieces of evidence of shared financial responsibility (Joint bank account statements, utility bills, joint mortgage/tenancy agreement)
OR 1 Piece of evidence of shared financial responsibility and any one piece of evidence from the list below
OR Any two pieces of evidence from the following list:
· Evidence of regular transfer of funds to partners account on bank statement (two or more transfers over a few months would be sufficient)
· Letter of intent from mortgage lender/rental company
· Letter of intent to marry from religious leader
· Evidence of travel to partner’s location on several occasions (train/coach/plane confirmation emails or tickets that show date of travel and destination. Two or more over a few months would be sufficient. Petrol receipts are not accepted)
· Beneficiary documents
· Wedding/venue deposit receipts
· Phone records that show calls to partner over a period of time (Partner’s number must also be proven)
If you are unsure whether something can be used as shared financial responsibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying because your partner has a job offer in another region you will also have to supply evidence of this in addition to the above.
• If your partner is a medic, please provide confirmation of training letter including start date
• If your partner is non-medic, please provide official job offer letter or contract, including start date
You can also find this list in the Trainee Guide to IDT.