You can apply for an IDT if your partner has received a job offer in another location. You must be able to provide evidence of this with your application, alongside all other mandatory evidence of Criterion 4. 

If your partner is a medical trainee, please provide confirmation of national Training Number (NTN/DRN) letter including start date

If your partner is non-medic/non-trainee, please provide an official job offer letter and acceptance letter or contract (signed by your partner), including start date.

If your partner is self-employed, please provide evidence e.g. a contract demonstrating your partner’s need to move to your preferred region.