I am Out of Programme on an OOP, am I eligible to apply for relocation and excess travel expenses?

Modified on Tue, 16 Jan 2024 at 05:13 PM

Trainees who are deemed to be out of programme (OOP) will not be eligible to claim relocation, temporary accommodation or excess mileage payments whilst they are out of programme but may claim expenses in order to support them returning to their training programme. The exception to this is trainees on approved OOPT (Out of Programme for Training) experience.

Trainees who are OOPT are eligible under this framework, providing they are working in an NHS setting within England.  Eligible trainees should make claims via their employer.

Arrangements in the devolved nations would need to be agreed with the relevant provider.

A trainee on an OOPT in any non-NHS setting is NOT eligible under this framework.

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article