Applications to consider attendance at overseas study courses/conferences will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances. Such circumstances include:
- for the presentation of significant research findings from within an NIHR recognised academic clinical fellowship or clinical lectureship
- for the presentation of research undertaken as part of a clinical training programme
- where the training course is not available in the UK
- where the course or activity is part of the college curriculum or guidelines on required training
- where the course is set out as a mandatory requirement of college training to reach the required qualification to practice.
For international study leave requests where the individual will be presenting, such applications should take priority.