How do I apply to defer my London or KSS GP post?

Modified on Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 02:49 PM

Please note, for all specialties you are only able to apply for deferral for statutory reasons, i.e. personal long term ill health (which you will need to provide a medical certificate of) or maternity/paternity/adoption leave in line with the Reference Guide for Postgraduate Specialty Training in the UK (The Gold Guide, 9th Ed.). No other deferral requests are usually accepted. 

You can submit a request to defer here.

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article