Please note, for all specialties other than General Practice you are only able to apply for Deferral for statutory reasons, i.e. personal ill health or maternity/paternity/adoption leave in line with the Reference Guide for Postgraduate Specialty Training in the UK (The Gold Guide, 7th Ed.). No other Deferral requests will be accepted. Therefore please only complete the form below if you are applying on statutory grounds. 

Please complete the form at the following link to apply for a deferral:

Specialty Deferral form

The Healthcare Education Team team will be in contact with you to provide further information within 2 weeks.