What are the different types of relocation expenses?

Modified on Thu, 4 May, 2023 at 3:59 PM

There are four types of relocation expenses, these are:

  • Removal expenses - a trainee is moving from one rented property to another and wishes to claim hire of a removals company or a man and van. 
  • Relocation - a trainee is moving from owner occupied property to owner occupied property and wishes to claim for house sale/purchase costs.
  • Excess travel - a trainee is able to claim excess travel for their journey to and from work when their home to place of work is more than 17 miles each way. Excess travel is defined as the distance of home to new place of work minus 17 miles.
  • Continuing commitments - trainees who are not able to move from their previous property immediately or for the duration of their post and have two commitments, such as mortgage and rent.

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article