Discuss any courses/educational activities you would like to attend with your current ES/TPD for approval. If the course is discretionary, please follow the discretionary process. For the time off required to undertake your study leave, you must obtain approval from the rota co-ordinator who will be managing cover at your new NHS Trust. Once you have been on the course, submit your expense claim to the new NHS Trust where you will be working by then.