Do I need to apply for College/Faculty or GMC approval to act up? (OOP)

Modified on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 at 12:57 PM

This depends on your specialty curriculum.

If the specialty curriculum specifically references a period of acting up as a consultant, then no further College/Faculty or GMC approval will be required and the period of acting up will automatically count towards training as an OOPT and will be undertaken in GMC approved training sites.

If the specialty curriculum does not make reference to a period of acting up as a consultant, then the subsequent acting up period will not be recognised as training by the relevant College/Faculty and GMC and therefore cannot be counted towards training time. In this situation, you should consult the out of programme policy and submit an application for out of programme experience (OOPE).

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article