Will my OOP count towards my CCT or CESR(CP)/CEGPR(CP)?

Modified on Wed, 11 Oct, 2017 at 2:28 PM

Before applying for out of programme training or research (OOPT/R), you must seek the support from the appropriate Royal College or Faculty and comply with their requirements. The College/Faculty will indicate the length of time the OOPR/T should count towards your CCT or CESR(CP)/CEGPR(CP).

The Healthcare Education Team will then submit an application for prospective approval of the OOP to the GMC on your behalf. Applications must be approved by the GMC before you start your OOPT/R, they will not approve applications retrospectively. Where the OOPT is taking place in a GMC approved programme in the same specialty, an application for further GMC approval is not required.

If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article