If you undertake any kind of ‘Out of Programme’ (OOP) arrangement during your training, you are advised to retain your full GMC registration and licence to practise in order to retain your enrolment on the programme. 

The Postgraduate Dean will remain your Responsible Officer (RO) while you are OOP and your designated body remains as health Education  England (xxx region)

You should not disconnect from us when you go out on OOP and should ensure that you comply with the below along with any other requests as part of your OOP arrangement

  • Maintain your licence to practise, including your Postgraduate Dean RO connection on GMC Connect. Please note that you should not relinquish your licence whilst OOP. Once appointed to the training programme you will remain the responsibility of the Postgraduate Dean RO until you have completed your training and resigned your NTN (national training number).
  • Complete a Form R listing your entire scope of practice including locum and other wider work as a doctor, and answering the revalidation questions about any incidents, complaints, health and probity in readiness for revalidation.