All LTFT payments are paid to the trust quarterly via the LDA. Payments are made pro-rata across the year and not in one lump sum. Payments will be adjusted each quarter and a detailed breakdown on how LTFT payments are made to the trust are confirmed in the LDA pack that is sent to the trust each quarter.
East of England
All East of England trusts are funded via East of England and any finance queries should be sent to the East of England LTFT team firstname.lastname@example.org
For London LTFT posts, funding is as follows;
- Trainees in HEE funded reduced session posts, will receive full LTFT funding at the London LTFT estimated salary, adjusted for WTE and length of time in post. Each Trainee will also receive £850 study leave allowance per annum, adjusted for the period of time in post. During the period of time that an HEE funded post is filled by a reduced sessions trainee the Postgraduate National Tariff will not be funded.
- Trainees in Trust funded reduced session posts will not receive any LTFT funding.
- HEE Funded posts: Each trainee in a slot share arrangement in an HEE funded post will receive full LTFT funding at the London LTFT estimated salary, adjusted for WTE and length of time in post. In addition, each trainee will receive £850 study leave allowance per annum adjusted for length of time in post. During the period of time that an HEE funded post is filled by a slot share arrangement, the Postgraduate National Tariff will not be funded.
- All slot share arrangements in HEE funded posts will receive a £1,500 per month incentive for the period of time that a slot share arrangement operates.
- Trust funded posts: Only one of the trainees will receive LTFT funding. This will be issued at London LTFT estimated salary adjusted for WTE and period of time in post. This trainee will also receive £850 of study leave allowance adjusted for period of time in post.
For all London LTFT posts the trust funds the on-call.
For KSS LTFT trainees posts are funded as follows;
- Reduced sessions – no adjustment is made for KSS trainees working reduced sessions in a full time post. Post funding remains as if post was occupied by a full time trainee. Trust fund the on-calls.
- Slot share - KSS fund anything above 1 WTE for slot shares at 100%. The first 1 WTE is funded through post funding (50% salary support plus placement fee). An additional 0.1WTE is paid as a slot share incentive. Trusts fund the on-calls.
KSS LTFT placements do not include a study leave allowance or placement fee.
How are academic LTFT trainees funded?
Academic LTFT trainees are funded via the academic funding schedule and will not appear on the LTFT funding report. If academic LTFT trainees are slot sharing with a non-academic LTFT trainee the non-academic LTFT trainee will be funded as reduced sessions.
If you have any queries about how LTFT posts are funded please submit a query below.