From 19th January 2018, London and the South East introduced a new process for managing all LTFT applications. All LTFT forms for LaSE are now managed online via the trainee portal. The eligibility and approval forms have been combined into one online application which is the same for all London and KSS trainees.
This will streamline the process and reduce the amount of paperwork trainees and trusts need to complete to process LTFT applications.
Some of the benefits of the new process for trainees will be;
- LTFT trainees will only need to apply once to train LTFT and will no longer need to complete an approval form upon each rotation.
- LTFT trainees will only need to inform us upon a change in their circumstances for example, returning to full time work or increasing/decreasing the number of sessions they are working.
- Trainees will no longer need to fill in paper forms or obtain signatures from their TPD or medical staffing or finance at the trust.
- Trainees will inform us of the number of sessions they are working at point of application.
- Trusts will no longer need to provide medical staffing and finance signatures on the approval form. Signatures are no longer required on the application form.
- We will notify trusts of their LTFT trainees via the Trust Portal (TROG)
- Trainees will need to give 16 weeks’ notice of their intention to train LTFT
What this means for Trusts
- Reduced administration for Trusts
- Streamlined process with move to online form
- WTE of all LTFT trainees captured at point of application, reducing delays in informing trusts of WTE of LTFT trainees.
- Trainees will continue to apply to train LTFT and these will be processed by the HET team.
- Trainees who have been approved to train as LTFT will be marked as LTFT via the trust portal
- LTFT payments will continue to be made as usual via the LDA
- Detailed LTFT breakdowns will continue to be made through the LDA.
- Trusts will have a week from the date rotations are published on TROG (trust portal) to let us know via the portal if they have any concerns around supporting the placement of LTFT trainees.
The online application form can be found here: https://lasepgmdesupport.hee.nhs.uk/support/tickets/new?form_20=true
It is split into two sections, one for new LTFT trainees and one for existing LTFT trainees who wish to notify us of a change in their working pattern.