Updated October 2019
Following the Foundation Programme review the UKFPO has now updated the national IFST process. Information regarding this process including the minimum notices required can be found on the UKFPO Website and the application form can be accessed here.
Trainee queries in regard to IFST should be directed to IFST@foundationprogramme.nhs.uk.
National Timeline 2020
- Application window opens - Monday 2nd March 2020
- Application window closes - Thursday 19th March 2020
- Administrative review of applications Monday 9th – Monday 30th March 2020
- Notification of incomplete applications* - By Tuesday 31st March 2020
- National review panels consider applications** - Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th April 2020
- Panel outcomes issued to applicants - Monday 20th April 2020
- Transfer confirmations to applicants - Thursday 23rd April 2020
- Deadline for late applications - Thursday 28th May 2020
- Outcomes for late applications - Thursday 18th June 2020
- New rotations commence - August 2020
*incomplete applications will not be put forward for consideration by clinical panels and will be withdrawn.
Exceptional applications outside of these windows can be considered by the Foundation school can be submitted here.