Please ensure that you have your RCPSYCH e-portfolio complete in advance of the commencement of the your ARCP. We recommend meeting with your educational supervisor in advance of your ARCP in order to ensure that you are not missing any evidence asked for within the respective decision aids for your specialty.
The ARCPs is being held remotely, and you will not be asked to attend. The panel will review your portfolio and then complete the ARCP outcome form on your portfolio. After ARCP has taken place, you can then log into your RCPSYCH e-portfolio to check your outcome.
Trainees who are on any form of out of programme activity, including maternity leave, are still required to complete a form R.
How to avoid an outcome 5
Generally, you will receive an outcome 5 should you not include the following:
- Up-to-date Form R – please see the guide below. Once completed you will then need to upload this to your RCPSYCH e-portfolio. This should be completed within 8 weeks of the date of your ARCP.
- Educational Supervisors Report (ESR) – this should relate to a meeting with your ES that has taken place within 3 months of your ARCP
- Please ensure that you have uploaded up-to-date evidence of compliance with mandatory certification (ALS / Safeguarding etc)
- If you are an academic trainee, please upload the Academic Progress report form
- CCT calculator – for more information please see the RCPSYCH website here.
- CV – please upload it onto your RCPSYCH e-portfolio.
- If you are currently on OOP, you will need to fill out an OOP update form in place of the ES report (enclosed for your convenience).
- Ensure your posts are up to date on the RCPSYCH e-portfolio.
- Complete literature review progress record.
- FOR CAMHS trainees only: final appraisal lit review form_CAMHS and LOGBOOK REVISED_CAMHS
Trainee and trainer ARCP checklists you can find here.
Guidance on completion of TOOT on Form R - please access here.
* Please note that failure to supply Form R and Self Declaration and all of the above-required documentation in addition to everything stated on the ARCP checklist will result in you being issued an Outcome 5 and you will be given two additional weeks to supply the missing information.
Form R Submission
To help get you started we have set out some key information you will need to get you up and running. You will need to set up an account in TSS by following the below sign-up process. You will only need to do this once for the initial set-up.
Once you access the system you will need to submit your ARCP Form R (Parts A & B) using the digital Form R, included as a core part of TSS. Please note that you will no longer submit Form Rs outside TSS, if you have any issues, please contact us via PSP.
Sign up process
- Navigate to https://trainee.tis-selfservice.nhs.uk/
- Sign-up using the email address we contacted you on
- Complete and submit your Form R Parts A & B
There is a special built-in support tab that has been made available to help you connect with your regional HEE offices if you encounter any issues. The support page also gives you the email address for your HEE local Office.
Your feedback is important to us.
We are very keen to hear your feedback on your experience using the system, this will help us to make improvements ahead of further rollouts to other specialties. Please email your feedback to
If you need more information on the TIS Self-Service system, please see our website: https://tis-support.hee.nhs.uk/trainees/
If you have any questions or queries about your upcoming ARCP, please do let us know by contacting the PGMDE Support Portal: https://lasepgmdesupport.hee.nhs.uk/support/tickets/new?form_7=true
If none of the FAQs have answered your question, please submit an enquiry to the team by clicking here