Dental doctors working in an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery placement can claim for study leave in the usual way through their trust. The reason is because OMFS comes under the School of Surgery not the Dental Department, hence the funding rules follow the ones applicable to Surgery rather than those for Dentistry.

Trusts should make a note of the trainee's GMC number rather than GDC number on their study leave return to facilitate reimbursement.